Temperature control is one of the most crucial elements for producing a good quality beer. It needs to be regulated and stable throughout the whole fermentation process to ensure the yeast doesn't get stressed and ferments correctly to get the right flavour profile.
With a sleek and compact design, that still accommodates our full array of features, the Glycol Chiller maintains the Grainfather’s principle of providing quality home brewing equipment, that deliver’s craft brewery like results, on a small footprint.
With the addition of the Glycol Chiller, your system is operating at the ultimate level and you are even able to cold crash and lager down to 4°C (39°F). The Glycol Chiller connects to a hidden cooling sleeve, located in between the two stainless steel walls of the Conical Fermenter. Your desired temperature is dialed into the digital temperature controller on the Conical Fermenter, the liquid then travels through this sleeve, cooling the stainless steel which in turn cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, is completely concealed and does not need cleaning or sanitising - a true innovation for a fermenter on this scale.
• Allows you to cold crash 23 L (6 US Gal) of wort to as low as 4-6ºC (39-43°F). Minimum temperature will vary based on external factors such as ambient room temperature, the number of fermenters connected and other environmental conditions.
• Cools and powers up to 4 Conical Fermenters at different temperatures and fermenting schedules.
• Includes bonus Conical Fermenter Coat and propylene glycol to get you efficient cooling for your fermenter right away.
• Glycol Chiller
• Wall outlet power cord with plug
• 2 x cooling connection couplers
• 2 x 2 m (6.5 ft) insulated hoses
• 1 x glycol funnel
• 1 x silicon tube for priming pump
• LED display
• 6 L (1.5 US Gal) glycol tank
• 300 W
• 220 – 240 V, 50Hz
• 390W x 450D x 656H (mm)
• Weight: 28.3 kg (62 lbs)
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Make sure the chiller has been standing upright for 24 hours before turning it ON. Before using the Glycol Chiller, you must prime the pump by carefully following the instructions.